1. What is a website?
In general, a website is a place or a “domain” on the Internet that can be used to display your ideas, products, services or anything that you want the entire world to see. Your website is one part of a global network of computers, users and content that connects people around from around the world seamlessly 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Through your website, you can present information to all other users of the World Wide Web.
2. Why do I need a website?
A website is a necessity in today’s society. Millions of new users from all over the world connect to the Internet and use the Web each day. People use the Web to do almost everything, including banking, shopping playing and searching for information. The Web is an ever-changing environment, with new and updated websites appearing constantly. Using the Internet is quick, convenient and easy.
For a small business or organization, a website is like a phone number or a display window. It is the first place people look before they do business with your company. If they don’t find you, or they don’t like what they see on your website, they will visit the websites of your competitors. A website can present vital company information to a prospective client, showcase your merchandise or provide an opportunity for people to buy your products.
The wonder of the Web is that it levels the playing field and gives everyone the opportunity to be a contender. Whether you are a multi-million dollar company or a startup with a revolutionary idea, you can impress potential customers, who often make buying decisions based on the design of your website.
3. What is a Domain Name?
A domain name is an address on the Internet, usually some form of the name of your company, organization or hobby. It is the name people will remember when they want to go to your site. Like an address of someone’s physical business, a domain name enables people to easily find your site. The best domain names are easy to memorize, simple, and great sounding. Great domain names help contribute to increased site visitors and return rates of visitors.
4. What can a website do for me?
A website can be used as a presentation tool to:
- Provide support to your clients by providing online chat support or online documentation.
- Provide press releases about your company. The first place people usually expect to find reliable information about a company (especially its shareholders), is on the company’s website.
- Sell products online to people around the world at any time of day. This can help build your name recognition as well increase sales with low overhead.
- Receive feedback and comments from your users. The easiest way for people to submit comments is through a website. No paper or postage is necessary.
- Great platform to interact with your target audience by way of articles that can be propagated through feeds.
- Teach people over the Internet. The Internet is a great educational tool that enables students to retrieve the latest information in their area. Students can work at their own pace and attend classes at any time.