We have all heard it said again and again “Content is King” and there is no denying the effect that can have on your bottom line. But it’s never as simple as that and the majority of efforts fail to result in conversions. Emails go unnoticed/deleted, Articles are not read, Social Media posts are not followed by your customers, it’s a frustrating and sometime self defeating effort. And the data from past years was not encouraging.
In their latest research, Content Marketing Institute, says the tide is turning and companies have seen their content marketing efforts meet with much more success than in previous years.
To what do they attribute this piece of good news? To the all-important content creation and their content marketing strategy. These and some additional steps that can help you in pursuing a successful campaign in the new year.
- They document their content marketing strategy
- They have a clear vision on what that success looks like
- They create differentiated content
- Accept the goal of min amount of content that brings max amount of customer conversion.
- Long term commitment to content marketing
- Measure content marketing progress to assess what is working and creating a return
In addition 2017 will see companies continuing to focus on quality content; the growth of sponsored content; incremental quality and quantity of content; and document their strategy to be able to follow and measure its success and shortcomings.
These are some of the ideas and information from the conference. For more information check out this PDF B2B Content Marketing 2017: Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends—North America.